This amazing combination of cumin and cardamom along with cashew nuts makes this wheat berry pilaf great and delicious.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
- Wheat berries - 2 cups
- Cashew nuts - 1/2 cups
- Dried apricots - 1/2 cups (3 oz), finely chopped
- Garlic - 3 cloves finely chopped
- Fresh mint - 1/4 cup, roughly chopped
- Olive oil - 1/4 cup
- Ground cumin - 1 teaspoon
- Ground cinnamon - 1 teaspoon
- Ground cardamom - 1/2 teaspoon
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Lemon - 1, juiced and zested
- Water - 6 cups
- In a 2-quart saucepan, bring wheat berries and water to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Drain wheat berries. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch pan over medium-high heat.
- Add cashew nuts and cook until crispy.
- Now add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until soft and fragrant.
- Add wheat berries and all the remaining ingredients except mint, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Cook for 4 minutes or until warmed through
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Stir in lemon juice, and top with lemon zest, and mint.
Hope you'll enjoy this recipe. To find the freshest ingredients, don't forget to take a look to our best quality products here.