Do you enjoy extraordinary tastes? This is a different but delicious recipe. The combination of prunes and capers create a delectable sweet and sour taste.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
- Chicken thighs - 2 ½ pounds, skin-on, bone-in, and quartered
- Garlic - 12 cloves peeled and finely pureed
- Coarse salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Dried oregano - 2 tablespoons
- Apple cider vinegar - 1/4 cup
- Honey - 1 tablespoon
- Prunes - 1/2 cup pitted
- Olive oil - 1/4 cup
- Spanish green olives - 8 large pitted and cut in half
- Capers - 1/4 cup, with a bit of juice
- Brown sugar - 1/4 cup
- Bay leaves - 3
- Fresh Italian parsley - 2 tablespoons finely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except brown sugar and parsley and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 350-degrees F.
- In 2 large shallow baking pans, arrange chicken in one layer and spoon marinade over it.
- Evenly sprinkle brown sugar over all the chicken pieces.
- Bake for 1 hour in preheated oven, basting frequently with the pan juices.
- Remove from oven, transfer chicken to a serving platter along with prunes and olives.
- Top it with parsley and serve.
Hope you'll enjoy this recipe. To find the freshest ingredients, don't forget to take a look to our best quality products.
Shop Organic Goji Berries